Lido makes it easy to build apps with Google Sheets data.
By default, Lido starts from cell A1 in your selected sheet, searches for data, and pulls in the first contiguous range of data that it sees. However, you can also specify a custom start and end point to import.
If your selected data range has column headers that you want to import, make sure you include the column header row in your selected range.
If your data isn't appearing as expected, chances are that you just need to reformat your Google Sheet to work with Lido's integration:
- The first row of your data range should be your column headers
- Column headers cannot be blank, contain special characters or line breaks
- Remove empty rows and columns
- Individual cells inside of the selected range can be blank, but a completely empty row or column will "stop" the range of data that's fetched
- Un-merge any merged cells that you want to connect
- Merged rows and columns are unsupported
Changing column or worksheet names in your Google Sheet will break their connection with Lido
If you're missing columns or data, click edit data in your dataset then re-add the missing columns in the data browser.
Common errors when connecting a Google Sheet and how to solve them.
This error occurs when you upload a .XLSX, .CSV, .ODS, or .TSV file to your Google Drive, open it directly from Google Drive, and then try to paste that link into Lido.
To fix this error, simply save your file as a Google Sheet first, and then use that new URL for your connection.
Updated 2 months ago